Reading maketh a full man
I was very excited when I joined TCS Mumbai and I saw huge collection of books in TCS library. I like reading very much. Before this I had to rely on 21st century English newspaper and it has little about exotic lifestyle. So I was longed for accessing a library with a huge collection of books. Not only do I improve my English learning skills & technical knowledge but also it offers me an opportunity to make new friends.
Good readers can understand the individual sentences and the organizational structure of a piece of writing. They can comprehend ideas, follow arguments, and detect implications.To summarize, good readers can extract from the writing what is important for the particular task they are employed in. And they can do it quickly!
Educational researchers have also found a strong correlation between reading and vocabulary knowledge. In other words, students who have a large vocabulary are usually good readers. This is not very surprising, since the best way to acquire a large vocabulary is to read extensively, and if you read extensively you are likely to be or become a good reader!
It is observed that children and teenagers who love reading have comparatively higher IQs. They are more creative and do better in school and college. It is recommended that parents to inculcate the importance of reading to their children in the early years. Reading is said to significantly help in developing vocabulary, and reading aloud helps to build a strong emotional bond between parents and children. The children who start reading from an early age are observed to have good language skills, and they grasp the variances in phonics much better.
Reading helps in mental development and is known to stimulate the muscles of the eyes. Reading is an activity that involves greater levels of concentration and adds to the conversational skills of the reader. It is an indulgence that enhances the knowledge acquired, consistently. The habit can become a healthy addiction and adds to the information available on various topics.
When I am traveling around the world of Books, I improve my reading skills. First of all, I adjust my reading speed according to different materials. Reading magazines can also help my fast reading. I need not pay much attention to the details. Reading is a conversation with the author. So just scan for the main idea. Besides, I cannot recognize every word, so guessing is a good way. There are many illustrates can help me to guess its meaning. Thirdly, many magazines are about our daily life. It is a good chance to remember a lot of words that often used. For example, words of cooking, decorating, skin caring and so on.
“Reading maketh a full man “. TCS has reading corners in the library in all the offices. It is an exotic place in our organisation. It has so many resources for English learning, technical & management books and various journals & magazines which are accessible to all. Enjoy reading together.
No comments:
Post a Comment